DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECTadminbio
The objective of this project is to raise awareness in the matter of biosafety in healthcare officials other than physicians working with clinical samples: spread exact and current information regarding biosafety with the training of the personnel and via digital platform by developing a face-to-face, interactive, and standardized training programme.
Participant profile within the scope of the project: The intended population of this project is the laboratory personnel other than physicians (microbiology, biochemistry, pathology, etc) working with clinical samples. The meetings and trainings to be organized include the pilot training (Ankara), training in Ankara, training in Antalya, training in Çorum, dissemination meetings overseas (Spain and Portugal), final conference, creation of the web page.
Main activities and methodology: Our main activities aim at forming a reference book in the mother tongue, which is accessible and suitable to the level of the intended population; developing a standardized, understandable, and practical training program; and enabling access to all documents via digital platform. In addition, the methodology comprises of:
1. Kick off meeting: Preparation of the initial report
2. Needs assessment: Preparation of the field trip to be organized and the needs assessment report
3. Preparation of training materials: Forming a curriculum, preparing a book, standardized training slides, training videos and evaluation tools (pre-pos tests), providing pilot training and the number of participants, preparing the pilot training report.
4. Trainings: Preparation of the training evaluation forms (pre-post tests) and training evaluation reports following trainings in every province.
5.Dissemination activities: Web page, mobile application, online crossword applications, brochure, dissemination activities overseas, final meeting, translation of all documents into English and other necessary languages, preparation of the closing report.
Especially, mobile applications will provide ease of use for people working on this area. Online crossword applications will be both enjoyable and educational to the user. These two applications in this area will be done for the first time.
6. Project Monitoring and Evaluation Activities: Evaluation of the initial report and the needs assessment report, observation of the pilot training in situ, evaluation of the pilot training report, evaluation of the book and training documents, evaluation of the training reports, revision of the translated documents, closing report and the approval of the project budget.
The outcomes of the project and its anticipated impact: It is expected from the participants through planned training activities to directly develop awareness in the practices carried out in laboratories and to change behavior. Moreover, it is the aim of this project to create a reference book that is easy to access. Not only the direct participants of the training but also the laboratory personnel other than physicians shall be reached through the web page. In line with the objectives of the project, information enriched by international experiences shall be shared with national project partners, and there shall be at least three institutions where this matter is institutionalized. On the other hand, the development of national and international interinstitutional relations shall provide opportunities for more comprehensive projects.
Long term advantages of the outcomes of the project: Groundwork shall be laid in order to share the information and experience gained by both international dissemination meetings and by means of final meeting with the stakeholders. With the comprehension of the significance of the matter, the long-term
advantage of the project is foreseen as preventing the high number of occupational accidents in laboratories working with clinical samples in our country.